The New Downtown Albany Parking System
The new downtown Albany employee parking system is structured on two basic principles:
- Time in state service is the single standard by which parking is allocated.
- Employees are able to choose where they park.
Parking is no longer managed by individual agencies with individual lists and individual processes. The new system allows employees the opportunity to manage their own parking choices.
- Employees have the option of changing their parking preference at any time, 24/7.
- Employees can keep their parking if they switch agencies or work location.
- Carpools will continue with a minimum of 2 persons.
- Medical permits will remain intact and be reviewed when they are near expiration.
- There are no limits on the number of times an employee can obtain different parking.
How does the new system work?
The new system is centrally managed through an online tool called the employee parking profile (EPP).
After registering, people will be able to view their “parking service date”. This will be the date OGS will use to determine seniority for parking spaces. If you disagree with your date, please click here so the discrepancy can be addressed.
Periodically, OGS will announce permit availability and issue new permits based on each person's time in state service, with the oldest service dates being issued first.
For more information, select from the options below:
- What if I already have a parking permit?
- What if I've never had parking before?
- What if my job is moving to downtown Albany?
- What if I am a new state employee?
- What if I am interested in starting a carpool?