The new downtown Albany parking system makes it easier than ever for state employees to start or join a carpool. All you need is a minimum of 2 people (maximumof 4) to apply. Under the new system, there is a single carpool program. All existing carpool permits are grandfathered and will be allowed to continue parking in their current location, or can compete for a new carpool location. Current carpools are subject to the revised carpool rate structure. If you are a potential carpool applicant and would like more information on the carpool program, click here.
Here are the steps to create a carpool for those seeking a new carpool permit after you’ve identified other State employees to carpool with (minimum of 2, maximum of 4)
- Designate a CARPOOL LEADER, generally the person with the most time in state service.
- The CARPOOL LEADER must complete the new carpool application found below. The carpool leader will need the names, phone number, email address and NYS Employee IDs for carpool members to complete the form.
- Once the application has been processed, OGS Parking Management will contact the CARPOOL LEADER.
- Once the CARPOOL LEADER has been contacted by OGS, the CARPOOL LEADER may log on to their Employee Parking Profile. The carpool leader will see the members of their carpool already populated, and simply be asked to choose their preferred carpool lot.
For current carpoolers:
- Log on to your Employee Parking Profile. Your current carpool members will be displayed in the carpool member section.
- If you want to compete for either an individual permit or another carpool location, simply pick that preferred location as your preference. All carpools are grandfathered, so you will not lose your current permit, unless you are awarded the new permit from your preferred choice. If you would like to stay in your current location, choose the ‘I choose to stay in my current parking’ selection on the lot preference dropdown list.
For more detailed program specifics for current carpoolers, click here.
For more information regarding read through the FAQs below: