In the Pilot Program, Level 2 charging stations are available to ZEV owners who are valid 625 garage parking permit holders. You can participate with just two steps:
Step 1: OGS has partnered with EV Connect, a leading provider of EV charging solutions since 2009, to provide 24/7 driver support and management of our charging stations. To get started, download the free EV Connect mobile app (available in the Apple App and Google Play Store) and register for an account. You may also register on the EV Connect website at the link below to create your personal account. https://ops.evconnect.com/driver-portal/login
Step 2: Once you have created your EV Connect account, complete the Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV) Program User Form – CS-788 and return to OGS parking Management via email at [email protected] .
Please Note: It is important to provide the email address on the form that you used to create your EV Connect account.
What's the cost?
After evaluating the various pricing methods, OGS has opted to use per kilowatt-hour (kWh) pricing during the pilot. The kWh pricing method is usage-based. EV drivers pay fees based on the electricity they use during the charging session, rather than the amount of time that the car is plugged into the station. The cost for Level 2 charging during the first year of the OGS Pilot will be $0.15 per kWh. As an example:
At $0.15 per kilowatt-hour, charging an all-electric vehicle (assuming a fully depleted 22 kWh battery) will cost about $3.30 to reach a full charge.
What are the OGS Pilot Program Protocols?
ZEV charging stations in all OGS parking facilities will be available on a first come/first served basis to valid permit holders in a specific location. There is no provision for reserving a ZEV space or being assigned a designated space to charge your vehicle.
- Use of On-Site Charging Stations:
- ZEV permit holders may charge in any available ZEV parking space (spaces will be marked with signage).
- The ZEV charging spaces are for vehicle charging. They are not reserved simply for ZEV vehicle parking.
- ZEV permit holders are asked to vacate the ZEV charging spots when charging is completed. The EV Connect mobile app will alert you when your vehicle is fully charged.
- Please be considerate to your fellow ZEV drivers and only utilize the spaces when charging.
- On-Site staffing:
- OGS Parking staff on site will direct ZEV permit holders to charging station locations in the facility.
- On-site staff cannot, and will not, unplug patron vehicles from charging stations or move vehicles.
- Charging station equipment problems or malfunctions can be reported to staff on site.
If you have any questions about the protocols associated with the ZEV Pilot Program, please feel free to contact OGS Parking Management by phone at 518-474-8118, or email us at [email protected]